Friday, February 15, 2008

Yonder Mountain Valentine


The man standing next to me at the Yonder Mountain String Band concert last night reeked of a fun night in downtown Athens. You know what I'm talking about. His date appropriately had a flower tucked into her hair, and they were swaying back and forth to the music. Oh my, were they swaying. Love might not have exactly been in the air, but something sure was. Everywhere, people were fist-pumping for the glory of bluegrass music and finding camaraderie on St. Valentine's day with the help of some illegal, smokable substances.

It. Was. Awesome. Until I decided I'd had enough of hippie fest and was ready to get into my nice warm bed.

Before we left, the man I mentioned earlier tapped me on the shoulder. He asked me if anyone ever told me I looked like Molly Shannon, of Superstar fame. At first, I didn't know whether to be offended or honored. Sure, she's hilarious and got the sweet moves. But my glasses sooo much cooler than hers.

In the end, I decided to find it flattering and proceeded to do the Superstar Dance to the next song, just for my newfound hippie friends.



Man, I love Valentines day.

No comments: