Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Passion

I don't know why I want to be a writer. Is it because I think I am a good writer? Or that I feel particularly called to do it? Is it because I want to be known for something, or do I really have something to say? I don't know.

I hope it's that I have something to say... but I haven't really figured out what that is yet. Sometimes I feel like I could just sit down and write for days, without really thinking or applying any effort. And other times, the thought of writing makes me feel like my skin is on fire and my brain is imploding.

Maybe that's the way it is with all our passions in life- maybe that's what makes them passions. The thing that inspires you is the same thing that can make you go crazy... and it's that force, that constant, repelling force of inspiration and insanity that allows you to be passionate about something...

No comments: