Tuesday, June 19, 2007

O.W.O.W: Orientation Words of Wisdom

"I am not afraid. I was born to do this."-Joan of Arc

When I took on this job of Orientation Leader... I really thought I would be the one doing most of the teaching: spreading the gospel of UGA, relieving fears and calming anxious minds... but like so many other things in life- I was wrong.

For being a bunch of 18 year olds, they know a lot. Humility, graciousness and fellowship... I don't even know if they know what an effect they've had on me.

The class of 2011 is going to be the best yet, and I am so thankful to have a part in it!!!

1 comment:

em2histbuff33 said...

Thought you would like to know the full quote by Joan of Arc. She actually said: "I do not fear the soldiers, for my road is made open to me; and if the soldiers come, I have God, my Lord, who will know how to clear the route that leads to messire the Dauphin. It was for this that I was born!"
To learn more about Joan of Arc try Joan of Arc - MaidofHeaven.com