Monday, January 15, 2007

Dear Winter,

Where've you been? We missed you this year at the Christmas Party. It's not like you to be a no-show at the Holidays. I can't remember a time when we celebrated without you. Are things okay?
Remember how we always used to watch "A White Christmas" together, and drink hot tea, and wear scarves? Without you, I don't feel much like doing these things any more. It just doesn't feel right.
I thought I might see you around today, seeing as January is one of your favorite months to be outside. And today especially looked like your kind of day. I thought I almost got a glimpse of you, but it was just the rain- I couldn't see you.
Where ever you are, you should know that even though you missed the Holidays, it's not too late to show up. I don't hold grudges. I just miss you.
Please, Winter, come visit this year. It won't be the same without you.
Love, Morgan

No comments: